Established in 1988, SA Natural Products is a national company with representation in Bloemfontein, Cape Town, Durban, East London, Johannesburg, and Pretoria in South Africa.
From humble beginnings as a family business nestled in the heart of The Valley of a Thousand Hills in rural KwaZulu-Natal, SA Natural Products has grown into a leading multi-channel pharma business that market a full spectrum of Complementary Medicines, including health and well-being products inspired by nature. It has forged lasting relationships with clients and continues to grow from strength to strength.
SA Natural Products has three core focus areas:
Firstly, it imports, distributes, and produces top-class natural health products. These include the Swiss made A.Vogel herbal, homeopathic, food and body care product ranges, Bio-Strath herbal yeast supplement, Anima-Strath and Equi-Strath, THRESHHold RealMSM tablets and PlusGel for joint health, and Thursday Plantation Tea Tree products.
Thirdly, it promotes the Living Naturally lifestyle in Southern Africa.
SA Natural Products proudly welcomed Oxiprovin to its stable in 2023.
The Oxiprovin heritage
Chris Du Toit, the chairman of Brenn-O-Kem, established the company on the principles of environmental sustainability in 1968. It is the first company of its kind to recycle and use waste from the wine industry to produce cream of tartar and tartaric acid.
Today, Brenn-O-Kem specialises in transforming winery waste, such as grape skins, seeds, and wine lees, into value-added natural products that is used in the wine industry, pharmaceutical industry, and other markets.
Chris always believed that there was something more hidden away in the waste and that the grape seeds had untapped health benefits.
Whilst managing health issues of his own, Chris started learning about the holistic healing power of antioxidants. His research led him to asking three questions:
- Was it possible to recycle the grape seeds from the waste that the wine industry produced?
- Was it possible to extract the medicine from these grape seeds in a way that didn’t compromise the integrity?
- How could this be used to make a pure, potent, all-natural antioxidant with a polyphenol content that could benefit everyone, everywhere?
Chris lost his battle to cancer in 2001. His sons Kobus and Wynand continued to pursue his dreams and through rigorous testing and multiple extraction processes, Oxiprovin was born in 2003.
SA Natural Products acquired and relaunched Oxiprovin in 2023.
How is Oxiprovin made?
Oxiprovin’s active ingredient is grape seed extract. The manufacturing process has been engineered using both traditional methods and new innovations to deliver quality.
Quality you can trust
The active ingredient (grape seed extract) is triple
quality controlled to certify potency and purity
Oxiprovin grape seed extract is analysed for polyphenol (oligomeric proanthocyanidins) content.
Oxiprovin grape seed extract is tested for heavy metals and microbial growth such as bacteria, mould, and yeast. Moisture content is also measured and carefully controlled.
Oxiprovin contains a single source, pure, raw ingredient to support general health.
Oxiprovin is made from South African grape seeds.
Oxiprovin is naturally lower in tannins and heavy metals.
Oxiprovin has 140 mg grape seed extract per capsule.
The science behind Oxiprovin
Summary of publications
Recovery from injury:
Accelerated skeletal muscle recovery after in vivo polyphenol administration (Myburgh et al. 2012)
Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry
- Using Oxiprovin before and after muscle injury leads to faster and more effective regeneration of muscle fibres.
- Using Oxiprovin before and after muscle injury results in a milder inflammatory response with an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Oxiprovin provides an immunomodulatory effect in response to inflammation.
- Oxiprovin has anti-ageing effects on the immune system by improving the functioning of ageing related weakness in neutrophils, suggesting its ability to combat the effects of oxidative and inflammatory stress.
- Oxiprovin dampens the inflammatory response resulting from HIV and reduces the inflammatory response across the blood-brain barrier.